It’s almost 2018, can you believe it?!?! That means it’s time to reflect on the knitting (and crochet) of 2017. What went right? What went WRONG? Where do we go for 2018?
I started out 2017 by doing something new to me….beading. This Diamond Shawl to be exact. This was a win! I learned something I had never done before (beading) and I enjoyed it. I’ve learned that if I don’t enjoy something in knitting, I get easily distracted to a new project. But. I liked beading and I plan on doing more of it for 2018!
Then there was the Temperature Blanket (yes, it’s crochet and since I do so little crochet projects, I’m going to include them…..). This went really well right up until about March (which is also about the time I get REALLY busy with my job…..), well, let’s just say, I have about a month’s worth of crocheting to finish this blanket…..
These Toe-Up Doubled Yarn Socks went well. There were some things I didn’t like about them, so on the next pair, I made some adjustments….
These Chocolate and Pink Socks are probably at this same exact length (and something I NEED to finish!!!). While I love the IDEA of knitting socks, I hate to knit socks! Knitting with 2 yarns held together helped, but, I’d really like to be able to get something more like a bulky sock. I might have to work on that (you know, in my spare time….).
A Red Lady Kina. Well, it’s a sweater, so there’s that….. I have to say, though, it started out good. AND. I do plan on finishing it (Ha! I ALWAYS plan on finishing things….)!
This one cracks me up (I’m easily entertained….)! It Started Out As A Sweater, But Ended Up A Cowl. I should have known this would happen (I did start a sweater…..), but, I avoided another WIP to do something with in 2018 by finishing this off and making a cowl out of it instead. Pure brilliance I tell you! 😉
This little Strange Brew Toddler Sweater gave me the confidence I needed to feel like I have it in me to knit an adult-sized sweater! It was such a fun knit! I may need to knit more kid-sized sweaters for the little people in my life!
Swatch it up Hats and A Family of Hats. I just can’t get enough of knitting hats! And. The Fair Isle was just SO MUCH FUN! DEFINITELY more Fair Isle in 2018!
Of course, there had to be dishcloths! LOVE These Dishcloths are so much fun to knit! I also LOVE that they look like a flower when they’re finished! There will definitely be more of these in 2018!
Let’s see what our plans for 2018 look like…..
- Harvest. I plan on ending my sweater phobia with this sweater!
- Eagle Island Cardigan. At some point in 2018, I want to knit this (minus the eagle motif maybe?)!
- African Flower Slouch. I have a TON of African flowers I crocheted in sock yarn, just waiting to be made into something….
- Design and knit an adult-sized Strange Brew Cardigan. I’ll have to steek! EEK!
- I also want to try knitting/crocheting with wire for making jewelry (like this and this) . I’ve owned the wire (and am accumulating beads) for awhile now!
- Cables! I don’t think I knit a SINGLE cable in 2017! That needs to end for 2018!
- Cowls! I ALWAYS forget about cowls! Not going to forget them in 2018!
- Beads! I tend to think about beaded shawls (which tend to be a BIG project for me….), but maybe beaded hats and COWLS!
- Fingerless mitts! Again, none in 2017….why? More mitts in 2018!
That’s not much knitting for a year (if you say it fast….)! What are your knitting plans for 2018?